THE MISSION OF THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH (DISCIPLES OF CHRIST):
To be and to share the Good News of Jesus Christ, witnessing, loving and serving from our doorsteps "to the ends of the earth.
THE VISION OF THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH (DISCIPLES OF CHRIST):
To be a faithful, growing church, that demonstrates true community, deep Christian spirituality and a passion for justice.
THE CONFESSION OF THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH (DISCIPLES OF CHRIST):
As members of the Christian Church, we confess that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God, and proclaim him Lord and Savior of the world.
(Preamble to The Design)
The Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) contains many ministries that work in covenant to resource congregations for mission and ministry. Please use the links below to explore their web sites.
- National Pastor responds to US presidential candidate (7/3/2015) - Communiqué of the Central Pastoral Office of Hispanic Ministries of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in the United States and Canada The statements of the multimillionaire magnate and 2016 presidential candidate, Donald Trump, reported by the media and referring to the Mexican community, have been repudiated on account of their racist, irresponsible, misinformed, unjust...
- Reconciliation Ministry offers reflection on church burnings (7/1/2015) - Disciples Continue a Witness of Hope - “…And the Gates of Hell Will Not Prevail . . .” July 1, 2015 Dear Disciples, Since the tragic murder of nine parishioners during a Wednesday night Bible study at Mother Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston, South Carolina, several historically African American churches have been incinerated by...
- Coastal Plains Disciples organize ecumenical response to Charleston shootings (6/30/2015) - It started with a phone call. Rev. Herschel Moore, retired associate minister of Bethany Christian Church in Houston called Rev. Marilyn Fiddmont and her husband, Norman, on June 18, heartbroken over the news of the shootings at Emanuel AME church in Charleston, SC. Moore wanted to reach out share in our pain, anger or whatever we...
- Disciples, Catholics continue dialogue (6/29/2015) - Press Release provided by Council on Christian Unity President Robert Welsh CATHOLICS AND DISCIPLES OF CHRIST COMMISSION FOR DIALOGUE Bethany, WV, 19-24 June 2015 The Third Session of the Fifth Phase of the Disciples of Christ-Roman Catholic International Commission for Dialogue took place in Bethany, West Virginia, from the 19th to 24th of June 2015....
- A word about ministry following the Supreme Court’s decision on marriage (6/27/2015) - A Word about ministry following the Supreme Court’s decision on marriage Much has been and will continue to be said among faithful Disciples regarding the Supreme Court’s ruling on marriage equality on Friday, June 26. For some, it is a cause for joy and relief. Others consider it a blow to their understanding of biblical...
- A prayer on June 27, 2015 (6/27/2015) - from Sharon Watkins At the end of a day of travel, so much to pray over today: - Rejoicing in Christian love with Disciples couples and families whose lives are more secure today after the Supreme Court decision on marriage equality under the law - And praying over the deep distress of Disciples who disagree. -...
- NC, SC regions call to prayer re: Charleston shootings (6/19/2015) - JOINT PASTORAL LETTER June 19, 2015 Dear Church: As you are aware, late Wednesday evening a young man shot and killed nine members of Mother Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal (AME) Church. Among those killed was the congregation’s senior pastor, the Rev. Clementa Pinckney. Others killed were congregation pastor, the Rev. Sharonda Coleman-Singleton, a relative of...
- National Convocation leader reflects on Charleston shootings (6/19/2015) - From the desk of Rev. Dr. Timothy James, administrative secretary of the National Convocation - Once AGAIN the African American community is grief stricken with the report of a mass shooting. the latest event, the Charleston Massacre, took place in a Wednesday night bible Study at the "mother Emmanuel" AME Church. Nine African Americans were...
- Disciples leaders send condolences to South Carolina church (6/18/2015) - June 18, 2015 Bishop Richard Franklin Norris The Seventh Episcopal District of the African Methodist Episcopal Church 110 Pisgah Church Road Columbia, SC 29203 “A voice was heard in Ramah, wailing and loud lamentation, Rachel weeping for her children; she refused to be consoled, because they are no more.” - Matthew 2:18 As we woke...
- Reconciliation Ministries offers Charleston meditation (6/18/2015) - We Need Prayer. . . We Need The Church. “We need prayer George. Tell your viewers to pray for the families of victims and for our nation. Our nation and world need prayer, George.” These are the words spoken by a community leader this morning during a live interview on Good Morning America news television...
Plans for the 2015 General Assembly are underway! The theme, "Soar!" is based on Isaiah 40. Comfort, preparation, call, challenge – all are contained in this single chapter. And there is also the promise of fresh strength to SOAR!
Visit the General Assembly web site to learn more about the theme, explore housing options, and learn more about the Columbus, Ohio area.
The Disciples Mission Fund is the common mission funding system of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).
Each of our regions, our general and racial/ethnic ministries, and our fourteen institutions of higher education and seven seminaries and divinity houses, need your continued support. Disciples Mission Fund is supported by your gifts and the four special day offerings of Easter, Pentecost, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Disciples Mission Fund dollars support:
- housing and food projects overseas
- provide for church camp
- leadership development
- spiritual care
- college scholarships
- theological education
- search and call
- ministries specific to our racial / ethnic constituencies
- support for Disciples Men and Women
- our ecumenical witness
- and so much more!
Your gifts to Disciples Mission Fund matter; they allow the Church’s witness for wholeness to be heard in over 90 countries and right here at home in the United States and Canada.
See how your gifts are used by the church.