Elders / Deacons Workshop at Christmount
March 9 @ 6:00 pm - March 10 @ 3:30 pm$93.75 - $165
Connecting Your Faith to God’s Creation
With Holy Week on the horizon, we remember that Creation witnessed the events of Palm Sunday right through the Crucifixion. The trees, the rocks, the garden, and the darkened sun were there. And Creation is both witness and victim of the eco-crucifixion in these current times. But just as God’s surprise of Christ’s resurrection filled the world with hope, we participate in an eco-ressurection today. In our beautiful setting of the Appalachian Mountains, we will listen to the voices of Creation, discern their testimony, and discover how we can proclaim God’s creative and redeeming eco-ressurection for our lives, our churches, and our communities.
The Elders and Deacons Workshop offers church leaders intense training in these two vital lay ministries of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). Elders and Deacons can benefit from this event in many ways:
- Gain new perspective on their service through presentations by a professor of Lexington Theological Seminary on Friday evening and Saturday morning.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the work they do.
- Attend workshops to learn specific skills, such as how to visit in homes, how the strengthen the ministry of their pastors, how to deepen their personal spiritual lives, and how to talk about faith and the major issues of the modern world.
- Share concerns with and learn from others elders and deacons.
- Fellowship with other Disciples.
Arrive a day early or stay Saturday night for your church’s elders and deacons to meet together. Or just relax and enjoy Christmount! Groups staying for a mini-retreat may reserve a meeting space at no charge.
Dr. Leah Schade, Assistant Professor of Preaching and Worship
Guest House motel rooms
Friday supper through Saturday lunch in the Christmount dining hall
Register / More information
www.christmount.org/elders-deacons or call (828) 669-8977