January 18, 2017
Interim Regional Minister search open for Southwest region
The Christian Church in the Southwest is seeking a short-term Interim Regional Minister (IRM). The IRM will provide executive-level leadership; provide pastoral care to pastors and congregations/constituency groups; strengthen relationships within the region; and prepare regional/area leadership and local churches to welcome a new Regional Minister. For the full job description, click here. To fill out an interest form, click here. All forms must be submitted by January 31. If you have questions, e-mail Rev. Whitney Waller-Cole, Chair of the IRM Search Committee and Moderator Elect of the Southwest Region, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Southwest Region of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), a region of 32,625 participating members across over 400 congregations in New Mexico, Texas, the panhandle of Oklahoma, and Liberal, KS, is searching for a Regional Minister who:
- Embodies and articulates a strong identity as a Disciple of Christ.
- Understands and encourages the missions of local congregations.
- Proclaims the good news of Jesus Christ in word and action.
- Supports and equips clergy.
- Works with geographic Areas in ministry.
- Understands and is experienced with transformation in the church.
- Respects and celebrates diversity in race, culture, theology and language.
- Is accountable and responsible for all Regional staff and program.
- Maintains and builds relationship with the denomination on behalf of the Southwest.
- Delegates and oversees representatives of the Region on boards and in other obligations, done in consultation with the Regional Council.
Interested candidates should send an email of interest to chair of the search committee, Jeff Billings