The Trinity-Brazos Area of the Southwest Region is accepting resumes/profiles for the part-time Minister of Connection position. Candidates should be ordained ministers in good standing with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) and have ministerial experience with individual congregations. Resumes/profiles should be submitted to Rev. Dr. Kyle Dennis (TBA Moderator and Search Committee Chair) by e-mail at email@example.com or mailed to 1300 Sarah Brooks Drive, Keller, TX 76248. If you have questions, contact Kyle at 936-661-4782.
The Area Ministry Search Committee will begin evaluating / interviewing applicants on February 24, 2017.
Minister of Connection – 18 hours per week – $27,000/year total compensation package plus a travel and professional expense allowance of $3,000 per year
The administration of search and call – working with congregational search committees, using the database to provide candidate profiles to churches, and helping churches through the process of filling their ministerial staff. These needs arise periodically and need to be addressed in a timely manner.
Working with the Area Committee on Ministry – identifying new candidates for Commissioned ministry, interviewing candidates, answering their questions, shepherding them through the Commissioning process, and helping the Area Committee on Ministry to adhere to TBA guidelines for ministry.
Reporting to the TBA Board and Executive Council – reporting at quarterly TBA Board meetings (including Area Assembly) and reporting to the Executive Council in monthly conference calls. Reports will be built around the items in this job description.
Participating in Area constituency groups – maintaining contact with each group (Children and Youth Committee, New and Transforming Church Committee, Global Concerns Committee, 3 sisters Ministry, and Tarrant Churches Together – plus any other groups that may form) and identifying potential partnerships and ministry opportunities.
Serving on Regional Council – attending the quarterly meetings of the Regional Council of the CCSW (usually a Friday evening and Saturday morning), creating and posting the TBA report to the Regional Council, representing and reporting back to the TBA, and joining in ministry opportunities that develop.
Serving on the Regional Committee on Ministry – serving as the Area Minister for the TBA and taking a turn in the rotation of Area Ministers, interviewing all candidates for ordination originating in the TBA, and acting as the liaison between the TBA / RCOM / area clergy as needed.
Areas of Collaboration (with the Area Minister of Nurture and the Area Ministry Assistant)
The ministers of Connection and Nurture (aided by the Executive Council) collaborate to identify areas of overlap between their responsibilities. These include:
- Providing 2-3 special events per year depending on needs identified in the TBA: clergy professional development, elder training, special seminars, spiritual retreats, etc.
- Participating in the Regional Area Minister Team (weekly conference call)
- Generating content for area-wide communications: TBA website, Facebook page, monthly newsletter, weekly e-mail update, calendar
- Overseeing office management – financial responsibilities (taking deposits, signing checks, answering questions), management decisions (providing direction to the Area Ministry Assistant)
- Meeting RDMC needs (our building) – setting up rooms for meetings, responding to maintenance needs, liaising with tenants, etc.
Desired Skills/Experience – the desired qualifications for candidates seeking this position include:
- Ordination in the Christian Church, Disciples of Christ
- Managerial experience in a multi-staff environment
- Residency within the TBA, preferably in Tarrant County
- Computer skills
- Familiarity with “Policies and Criteria for the Order of Ministry”, the process for commissioned ministry in the TBA, the ordination process in the CCSW, and the ethics associated with search and call and working with search committees
- Ability to multi-task and organize one’s time efficiently
- Ability to work collaboratively with many individuals and teams