JOB TITLE: Minister for Disciples Development
DEPARTMENT: Office of General Minister and President/Week of Compassion
SUPERVISED BY: Executive Director of Week of Compassion
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Part Time, Exempt
Week of Compassion, the relief, refugee and development mission fund of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), is seeking a Minister for Disciples Development to work under the direction of and in partnership with the Executive Director of Week of Compassion in accomplishing the outreach and fundraising goals of the ministry. This person is responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major donors. This person will secure gifts for Week of Compassion by managing a portfolio of assigned donors comprised of individuals and congregations to further the mission of the organization.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with the Executive Director to create a fund development plan which increases endowment gifts to support the strategic direction of Week of Compassion.
- Work closely with ministry partners to grow funds
- Assign responsibilities for personal solicitation to members of staff, volunteers, and committee members according to special interests or capabilities.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with donors and community stakeholders.
- Develop a major gifts and donor recognition program.
- Develop policies and procedures for the ministry which reflect ethical fundraising practices.
- Coordinate the design, printing and distribution of marketing and communication materials for development efforts.
- Create and develop best practices for donor database
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge and deep understanding of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).
- Demonstrated ability to successfully communicate and work with individuals and institutions.
- A track record of success in fundraising and ability to complete a fundraising process: set goals, design plan, engage plan, accomplish goals and evaluate process.
- A self-starter with strong organizational skills as well as the ability to work individually and in a team environment.
- Knowledge of principles and techniques of development/fundraising.
- Comfortable with use of social media and computer-accessed communication tools
- Fluency in donor database platform(s) preferred, such as Raiser Edge.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree with ten years of related experience in development or related field is required. Experience in church-related ministries/institutions and with comprehensive fundraising campaigns is preferred.
The salary is commensurate with experience.
This position may be deployed, with the person working from her/his home location.
Resumes will be received through April 18, 2017 and should include a cover letter.
For more information or to submit a confidential resume please contact:
Rev. Vy Nguyen, Executive Director, email@example.com