The Center for Faith and Giving is pleased to announce the release of From Bread & Wine to Faith & Giving, an annual campaign for use in Disciples congregations. It has been almost 20 years since we have had a Disciples’ specific stewardship campaign – long overdue and well worth the wait! Dr. Ron Allen has crafted a bible study and preaching resource that explores a passage from each of the gospel writers. Allen connects communion and generosity in compelling and fresh ways that will add vitality to your church’s quest to resource mission and ministry.
Special worship resources for each of four weeks include:
- · calls to worship
- · prayers
- · invitations to the Table
- · invitations to the offering
- · suggestions for multimedia
The materials also include step-by-step guides to creating successful financial campaigns, written by the center’s director, Rev. Bruce A. Barkhauer. From Bread & Wine is well suited both to congregations who regularly utilize the annual campaign as a part of their financial stewardship emphasis well as those which may have taken a long hiatus from this important task. The resource guide includes:
- · a suggested schedule that begins well before the four-week worship emphasis
- · ideas about recruiting leadership
- · specific job descriptions for campaign team members
- · sample letters for communicating with the congregation
- · links to stewardship resources with children
- · complete theme materials (No special ordering is required for bulletins, stationary, weekly bulletin inserts, artwork, and estimate of giving cards – they are all included and you simply produce the exact number you require as you need them.)
The best news is that this is first in a continuing series of four resources to be released. The next three resource sets will be tied directly to the lectionary, with Year B becoming available in January of 2015. For more information, contact Barkhauer at 317.713.2404 or firstname.lastname@example.org
From Bread & Wine to Faith & Giving is available in four different formats: Direct download ($15); CD-R ($19); 2gig USB Drive ($19); or fully printed (including CD-R) in a 3-ring binder ($30). Orders for all formats can be placed via the Center for Faith and Giving website (www.centerforfaithandgiving.org), or by written request to Center for Faith and Giving, Box 1986, Indianapolis, IN, 46206-1986. Be sure to enclose a check and mailing address for orders requested via mail. Mail orders should allow 10 days for fulfillment; downloads will be available within 48 hours; CD-R and USB orders made electronically may take up to 5 days for delivery (shipped USPS).