- This event has passed.
Blessed Tomorrow Ambassador Training in partnership with Green Chalice
September 25, 2021 @ 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
This interactive training will cover the links among, faith, climate, justice, and health, explore the spectrum of solutions, review ways we can speak effectively on the topic, and leverage opportunities to act and advocate. Rev. Carole Devine and Rev. Scott Hardin-Nieri will co-facilitate the training with the Blessed Tomorrow partners
As we witness and experience climate impacts on our health, livelihoods, and communities, people are increasingly looking for guidance on climate solutions.
This training on September 25th will equip faith leaders with the knowledge, resources, and support to speak and act confidently on climate change and solutions. Participants will be able to empower their congregations and congregants, colleagues, the public, and policymakers in making a change on climate solutions that help protect the health of our families and communities now, and ensure a prosperous, just, and secure future.
- Chapter 1: Program Overview, The Moral Case for Climate Action
- Chapter 2: Climate Basics and Impacts, Connections with Faith Values, Climate Justice
- Chapter 3: Climate Solutions, Faith in Action
- Chapter 4: Talking Faith & Climate, Developing Your Story
- Chapter 5: Bearing Witness: Policy Matters, Giving a Climate Talk
- Chapter 6: Getting Started as an Ambassador
Upon completion of the training, participants will be offered the option to receive a “Blessed Tomorrow Climate Ambassador” designation. These leaders will receive support to present on climate and health, and take specific advocacy action on climate solutions.