- This event has passed.
#DOCJustSummer – The Role of Peer Groups in Creating Justice
July 23, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
As part of the Disciples of Christ #DOCJustSummer, the National Benevolent Association invites you to join us for a conversation highlighting justice work within our Peer Groups.
Our panel features members of NBA’s Activism & Advocacy Peer Group and the Prison & Jail Ministries Peer Group. We will discuss the impact NBA Peer Groups have on members’ work in their respective communities. Panelists will also share steps you can take to be involved in justice issues.
As the health and social service ministry of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), NBA works to ensure justice and equity as it relates to health and social service issues. These peer groups serve as an example of that work. Join us for this fruitful conversation to see Disciples in action for justice and learn helpful strategies for your advocacy work.
- Mr. Amilcar Valencia, Executive Director, El Refugio Ministry at Stewart Detention Center
- Rev. Nora Jacob, M.Div, Restorative Justice Director & Acting Executive Director, UrbanMission Community Partners
- Pastor Paul Witmer, Minister of Reentry & Congregational Care, Women at the Well: United Methodist Congregation at Iowa Correctional Institution for Women
- Rev. Tiffany Curtis, M.Div, Co-Founder, Santa Fe Faith Network for Immigrant Justice
- Apostle Sharyn Cosby, M.Div, Executive Director, Oklahoma Family Empowerment Center
- Rev. Héctor J. Hernández, NBA Connect Coordinator
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
You can also join us Live on Facebook.
Leave a Reply