- This event has passed.
Voting Rights and U.S. Elections: Are You Ready?
August 26, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
The United States is faced with the challenge of providing equitable and accessible voting, a right extended to all American citizens. Many citizens struggle to exercise their right to vote due to voter registration restrictions, voter purges, felony disenfranchisement, and voter ID laws. Because of this, tens of thousands are barred from voting in states across the country. To address these issues, congregations are getting involved in their communities to combat voter suppression and to ensure all communities are prepared to vote during elections in the fall.
Join the National Benevolent Association on August 26th at 12 p.m. ET for a webinar to engage with leaders who are tackling voting rights issues and learn how your communities can take action.
- Rev. Dr. Cynthia Hale, founder and Senior Pastor of the Ray of Hope Christian Church in Decatur, GA
- Rev. Lori Tapia, National Pastor for Hispanic Ministries, Oficina Central Pastoral para Ministerios Hispanos
- Rachel Cometa Estuar, career advocate and activist including roles with Asian Americans Advancing Justice – Los Angeles
- Rev. Janae Pitts-Murdock, Interim Senior Pastor of Light of the World Christian Church in Indianapolis, IN
- Marcus Winn, Kansas Organizer, MORE², Kansas City, MO.
Leave a Reply