JOB TITLE: Chaplaincy Endorsement Officer
SUMMARY: The Chaplaincy Endorsement Officer is responsible for two specific types of services to ministers of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ):
- Endorsement – screening applicants for endorsement to all branches of military service, to all phases of Institutional Chaplaincy and Pastoral Counselors;
- Pastoral Care and oversight to all endorsed Chaplains and Pastoral Counselors – Active Duty, Reserve and Retired.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide endorsements for Military and Institutional Chaplains, Pastoral
Counselors, Veterans Affairs Chaplains, and Federal Prison Chaplains;
Visit with Chaplains and their families as able;
- Conduct retreats as needed;
- Attend annual meetings of numerous professional organizations related
- Maintain chaplaincy database;
- Maintain record of chaplain reports;
- Compile information for Disciples Chaplains certificates;
- Oversee the writing, editing and publication of the chaplaincy newsletter;
- Provide pastoral care for chaplains and their families;
- Serve as an active participant on Disciples Home Missions committees as
- Participate as a full member of the staff of Disciples Home Missions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Knowledge of the scope, vision and theology of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ);
- Strong administrative and organizational skills;
- Willingness and ability to work in a team setting;
- Skilled in a variety of electronic means of communication including video conferencing and web casts;
- E-mail/Internet knowledge and experience;
- Familiar with social media/technology such as Facebook, Twitter, E-Newsletters, Mail Chimp, Constant Contact, Website platform: Word Press and Wix;
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups;
- Ability to implement short and long range goals;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to manage budgets;
- Must possess leadership development skills;
- Ability to travel frequently;
- Skilled in group process;
- Possess pastoral skills;
- Commitment to pro reconciliation, anti racism environment.
PREQUISTE: A minister holding Standing in the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
with military experience or a grasp of military culture is preferred.
WORK SCHEDULE: This is a part time deployed staff position.
EFFECTIVE DATE: August 1, 2017
APPLICATION PROCESS: All applicants will be required to use the Search and Call System. For more information contact Anne Marie Moyars at 317.713.2664.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: January 31, 2017.
STATEMENT OF EQUAL OPPORTUNITY:
The Division of Homeland Ministries (DHM), dba/Disciples Home Missions, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to make all personnel decisions without discriminating on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national or ethnic origin and any other protected status.
DHM is committed to be an anti-racist pro reconciling general entity of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).