Office of the General Minister & President
Controller Job Description
The Controller will work collaboratively with the Vice President for Finance related to financial-related tasks. The Controller will have a passion for finding solutions to complex problems. The Controller will be a self-starter, who is highly-detailed and who practices discretion in all corporate matters and doesn’t mind working on numerous tasks at one time. The Controller will have superb time management skills and understand the necessity for meeting deadlines, especially during peak times.
- Create internal financial statements with Vice President for Finance related to cash flow, income, and investments.
- Help coordinate & facilitate financial auditing process with independent auditing firm.
- Responsible for assisting managers in creating & maintaining budgets and presenting them to the Vice President for Finance for evaluation & adjustments.
- Ensure all ministry expenses are paid in a timely manner.
- Maintain the trial balance of what the organization is paying out and what it is bringing in by working in collaboration with the Treasury Services department – tracking invoices, managing collections and performing account reconciliations.
- Assist Vice President for Finance with procurement of products & services.
- Evaluate the Treasury Services structure and team, plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the team as well as provide individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities (where possible) of individuals.
- Assist Vice President for Finance as needed on miscellaneous financial projects for the Treasury Services department.
- Financial Management
- Business Acumen.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Advanced Excel Experience.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Producing Effective Budgets.
- Technical Capacity.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Work Environment This job operates in a collaborative office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical Demands This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel This position does not require travel.
Required Experience 1. Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration or related field. 2. Minimum of 5 years professional experience with general ledger experience, accrual/deferral experience and financial statement analysis.
Preferred Education and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- CA, CMA or CPA
- Prior experience preferred within the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
AAP/EEO Statement OGMP provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.