Announcement of Search Process for DSF Interim President and Job Description
The Disciples Seminary Foundation Board of Trustees has begun the search process for the position of Interim President. The President is Chief Executive Officer and Chief Liaison Officer of the Corporation, and serves to provide organizational, operational and educational oversight for Disciples Seminary Foundation’s initiatives and programs. In partnership with the Board of Trustees, the Interim President is responsible for providing strategic leadership and vision, and for ensuring the organization’s continued ability to significantly impact the lives of students, congregations, and partners. The President will inspire and motivate internal and external audiences, demonstrating a strong commitment to the mission of Disciples Seminary Foundation.
- Alignment of organizational structure to mission and resources: including organizational analysis of financial, staffing and programmatic aspects; and the implementation of necessary changes, improvements and restructuring
- Providing leadership for understanding the future of the organization under the leadership and guidance of the board
- Public face and principal liaison to the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ); the United Church of Christ, USA and Canada; partner institutions of higher education; ecumenical, interfaith and interreligious partners
- Maintaining and expanding relationships with partner schools: including reviewing and renewing of MOUs, and negotiation with Disciples Seminary Foundation partner schools to monitor and ensure their academic programs are consistent with the Mission and Vision Statements, and that those criteria are being faithfully adhered to
- Strategic planning and program development: including assessing the new DSF landscape with the move of Claremont School of Theology
- Organization and supervision of student services and staff so that the seminary and doctoral students of Disciples Seminary Foundation are provided in a rich learning environment that supports both retention and the student’s well-being and educational goals
- Pastoral Care and presence with staff, community, congregation, donors
- Oversight of the prudent growth and effective management of Disciples Seminary Foundation’s resources to include endowment funds, properties and other related investments
- Carry out Board directives and exercise due diligence with regard to the operational and financial management of Disciples Seminary Foundation and Chief Executive Officer
- Implementation of programs and directives that undergird the sustainability, viability, academics and program quality for Disciples Seminary Foundation
- Ex-officio member of the Board of Trustees, with voice and vote, and is accountable to Board in all executive functions
- Other duties that may arise in order to effectively and efficiently fulfil the mission and vision of Disciples Seminary Foundation
Location of Position:
Disciples Seminary Foundation, Claremont, CA
Length of Position:
18 -24 months
January 1, 2020
The qualified candidate will demonstrate a strong history of organizational and fiduciary management, including some experience of organizational restructure, change, conflict and crisis management. The candidate will have knowledge of Disciples Seminary Foundation, the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) and the United Church of Christ, USA and Canada, as well as a working/relational knowledge of academia. Ideally, the candidate will have an MDiv or equivalent, or higher, from an ATS accredited institution and standing with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) or United Church of Christ, USA and Canada. The candidate will successfully pass a background check.
A highly competitive compensation package to include pension and health benefits, vacation and sick leave negotiated DOE.
How to apply:
Letter of interest and CV may be forwarded to Rev. Lori Tapia at email@example.com no later than November 15, 2019. For questions or clarification please contact Rev. Tapia at 317-289-8535.
Selection process will include review of potential candidates, interview process with the search committee, recommendation of selected candidate(s) to the DSF Board of Trustees and appointment to serve upon approval of the Disciples Seminary Foundation Board of Trustees.