The Office of the General Minister and President of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) is in search of an Executive Assistant. Interested candidates should begin the application process at https://secure.talentsorter.com/fit/initial.jsp?PositionTypeID=102169
Position: Executive Assistant to the General Minister and President
The primary responsibility of this position is to serve as the Executive Assistant to the General Minister and President (GMP) of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). All duties must be carried out in a prompt and timely manner. The Executive Assistant to the GMP must be a highly motivated, self-directed and organized professional who works to provide the highest level of professional and administrative support to the GMP. The Executive Assistant ensures that communication on behalf of the GMP reflects a commitment of service and commitment to the wider Church.
The Executive Assistant needs to be able to take initiative and work independently, while also taking direction when needed. Some nights and evenings are required, as is some travel.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Manage messages and scheduling requests, always responding promptly.
• Coordinate meeting planning and coordination, in collaboration with Director of Meetings as required.
• Manage all travel arrangements for the GMP, ensuring timely bookings and reservations, including registrations as necessary for conferences and other events for the GMP. Organize travel documentation for all GMP travel. Correspond with organizations regarding reimbursement of GMP travel and communicate OGMP policy with regard to handling of GMP expenses.
• Complete special projects and assignments as requested
• Correspond on behalf of the GMP, responding to all correspondence and telephone messages in a timely manner.
• Proofread correspondence and presentations
• Reconcile expenses and charges for the GMP
• Develop and maintain databases related to meetings, boards, committees, groups, and events
• Work with OGMP staff to ensure that the GMP has information related to the life of the wider church
• Maintain confidential records and files
• Maintain and organize files and records consistent with the document retention policy
• Control access to and use of the GMP’s electronic signature and signature stamp
Secretary of the Corporation – the Administrative Committee of the General Board confirms the selection of the Secretary of the Corporation. If this employee is chosen, the following responsibilities are included:
• Maintain the appropriate records and minutes of the Corporation
• Provides documentation of 501(c)3 status to eligible congregations and other ministries.
• Maintain certification as a notary public
• Provide necessary support to the moderator team of the General Assembly, and the Senior Staff of the OGMP.
• Manage collection and distribution of business materials for meetings of the Administrative Committee, the General Board and business session of General Assembly. This includes general ministry and regional ministry reports, other business items, resolutions and any supporting documentation needed for these meetings. Work with OGMP staff to ensure materials are available online for these meetings in a timely fashion. Maintain archives of these gatherings, including minutes and accompanying documentation.
• Work with OGMP staff to write business scripts for larger meetings.
Extend hospitality to all who contact the office, including but not limited to:
• Congregations and their staff or members
• Regional Ministers and their staff
• General Ministry partners and their staff
• Other Ministries related to the church
• Get to know members of the above groups and build relationships.
General Commission on Ministry (GCOM)
• Provide staff support for GCOM
• Maintain the standing list (with DHM) for those ministers certified by GCOM
• Work with DHM to obtain information for standing review of those ministers certified by GCOM
• Ensure that data about ministers with GCOM standing is updated regularly in the DHM Ministry Directory. Work with DHM and regions to ensure data accuracy when clergy standing is transferred to GCOM.
• Issue GCOM standing cards to ministers with GCOM standing promptly following GCOM meetings.
• Disseminating GCOM information to those ministers certified by GCOM
• Ensure that GCOM webspage is up to date with the latest policy and meeting information.
OGMP Team Member
• Participate in OGMP staff meetings and moderator team meetings as called upon.
• Be an active participant in onsite staff fellowship opportunities
• Provide front desk reception coverage as assigned (currently, 14 hours per week regularly, plus backup coverage when needed).
• Provide administrative support for other staff as needed.
• Exhibit collaborative spirit and commitment to the effective ministry of the OGMP.