Director of Communications – Application deadline June 29, 2018
To serve as primary creative writer for publications, ads, brochures and websites; as well as responsible for all social media efforts and to assist in the interpretation work of the Division of Overseas Ministries/Global Ministries for congregations, regions, general ministries and other constituencies of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with the executive for Mission Engagement of Wider Church Ministries (Cleveland) to creatively communicate Global Ministries’ stories to the wider church.
- Serves as the primary writer for the Division of Overseas Ministries
- Speak in Disciples congregations and regional assemblies to interpret Global Ministries
- Edit and produce information and resources on global mission. Including photos, videos, audiotapes and slide sets.
- Responds to requests for information and resources related to the work of Global Ministries from individuals, congregations, regions and other church constituencies
- Manage the website and social media
- To assist in planning events sponsored by Global Ministries; such as the General Assembly, General Synod, and MissionWorks
- Oversees any needed translation processes
- Skilled writer
- Good verbal communication skills
- Photography and videography experience
- Experience with social media
- Experience with website development
- Ability to work as a team member
- Software experience/familiarity—Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, iMovie, Basecamp or other file sharing programs, SumgMug, IPhoto; Adobe Creative Suite and Final Cut Pro experience a plus
- Ability to interact with persons from diverse cultures
- Understanding of global issues
Educational Requirements and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations or marketing required
- At least 3-5 years’ experience working in public relations, media relations and marketing
- Understanding of and commitment to the global mission of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) and its broad range of concerns, and ability to witness to one’s faith is desirable.
- Skills and knowledge of web page development and maintenance
Competitive salary and full benefits offered.
Send application data to email@example.com