The Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) of Mid-America, Inc., a 20,000 participating member region with over 240 congregations in Missouri and 3 congregations in western Illinois, is searching for two members of its four-member Regional Minister Team.
• An ordained minister with standing in the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
• Enough congregational experience to relate/resonate with pastors and congregations
• Adept at forming relationships quickly
• A team player
• Good communications skills
• Good administration and organization skills
• Experience in working with the search and call system helpful, but not mandatory
• Availability for travel
• Respects and celebrates diversity in race, culture, theology, and language
The Christian Church of Mid-America expects to call two Regional Minister Team Members for January 2018 plus a third Regional Team Member in mid to late 2018.
Among other ministry duties, these three positions will each have one of the following three primary job elements:
1. Manage the search and call process for our Region (including the Regional Commission on the Order of Ministry, the Committee on Ethics and Discipline, the Clergy Crisis Fund, and liaison with the General Church Commission on the Order of Ministry);
2. Youth and Outdoor Ministry in its various Regional and congregational manifestations;
3. Nurture and support for the many rural and small congregations in Mid-America, including innovative measures to enhance the sustainability of these congregations.
To apply, please contact the Rev. Dr. Penny Ross-Corona, Christian Church of Mid-America in the Southeast Gateway office, 475 East Lockwood Ave., St. Louis, MO 63119, 314-918-2515,
Current search and call papers will be required.
Application deadline is March 31, 2017