The National Convocation of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) Board of Trustees is searching for an Interim Administrative Secretary. The Interim Administrative Secretary will provide the leadership, management and vision necessary to undergird the ministries of the National Convocation of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) (NCCC) and the National Christian Missionary Convention (NCMC) for a two-year period (December 2020 – December 2022). He/she, under the direction of the Board of Trustees, will supervise the entire work of the NCCC, NCMC and Greenwood Cemetery, and will be responsible for the prudent, efficient operation of both. The position is guided by the objectives and mission of the NCCC & the NCMC.
The qualified candidate will demonstrate proven congregational and/or regional ministry experience, senior level leadership experience, and a strong history of organizational and fiduciary management, including some experience of organizational restructure and mediation/conflict management. The candidate will have a knowledge of the NCCC, the NCMC and other structures within the Black church. Ideally, the candidate will have an MDiv or higher level of education and have ministerial standing with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).
Along with administering the work of the National Convocation, the qualified candidate will have the following targeted duties for the two-year interim period:
- Maintain and build relationships with African-American congregations and state convocations/fellowship/conventions
- Provide clarity on the role of the boards of the NCCC and NCMC.
- Administer an operational assessment of the NCCC & NCMC and create a Final Report on the assessment by the end of the term
The position will require extensive travel.
How to apply:
Please submit the following no later than June 1, 2020 toNCCCSEARCH2020@gmail.com;
- Letter of Interest and curriculum vitae
- Audio/video of a recent sermon or presentation
- A one- to two-page statement in response to this question: What is the importance of the role of the Administrative Secretary in the context of the Black Church in the Disciples of Christ?
Please ensure that your search and call papers are current with the Office of Search and Call in Disciples Home Missions.