The Common Global Ministries Board (CGMB) met in Indianapolis April 2-4 on the Disciples-United Church of Christ partnership with Robert Welch, president of the Council on Christian Unity, and Lydia Veliko, minister for ecumenical relations at the UCC, who offered input and leadership. The CGMB approved the appointment of the following missionaries and the countries and agencies with which they will serve:
- Scott Couper and Susan Valiquette – United Congregational Church of Southern Africa.
- Alan Dicken – Christian Commission of Development in Honduras.
- Tom and Monica Liddle – Protestant Church of East Timor.
- Martha Mensendiek – Doshisha University in Koyto, Japan.
- Thomas Morse – Sichuan Radio and TV University in China.
- Timothy Rose – Reformed Church of France in Guadeloupe and Martinique.
- Ryan Turner – the Deep Griha Society in Pune, India.
- Bruce Van Voorhis – the Asia and Pacific Alliance of YMCAs in Hong Kong
- Donald and Maryjane Westra – the United Church of Christ in Zimbabwe.
- James and Jayanthi Wilson – the United Congregational Church of Southern Africa – Botswana Synod.
For more information about the work of Global Ministries, visit their web site at: www.globalministries.org