ST. LOUIS, MO—Chalice Press is pleased to announce a new publishing collaboration with The New Evangelical Partnership for the Common Good (NEP). Through this cooperative effort, Chalice Press will publish print, digital, and multimedia resources that provide a “New Evangelical” perspective on human rights, Creation care, and other critical issues in order to connect, inform, and mobilize people of faith. NEP principals Richard Cizik, David P. Gushee, and Steven D. Martin will guide the selection of authors and projects offered under the New Evangelical Partnership for the Common Good series. “This cooperative venture with NEP is a powerful extension of both our missions,” said Chalice Press publisher Cyrus N. White. “NEP promotes a renewed Christian public witness for the sake of the Gospel and the common good. Chalice Press publishes content for people who want their Christian faith to matter, and who want to make a positive difference in the world. Our tradition places a high value on putting faith to work through prayer and hands-on mission. By collaborating with NEP, we look forward to adding the ideas of leading evangelical activists to the public conversation.” Serving as senior editor of the new open-ended series is pastor, documentary filmmaker, and NEP executive director Steven D. Martin. “This is an exciting move for NEP,” said Martin. “Chalice Press has always been a highly valued voice in the Christian publishing world. We hope this partnership will establish a new voice among Evangelicals, a new platform for some authors you already know, and some young voices the world has not yet heard, but needs to.” NEP is a faith-based nonprofit that seeks to influence society, public policy, and the church through:
- public policy advocacy efforts (through the New Evangelical Action Fund, a 501(c)4 organization, for policy advocacy efforts);
- research, scholarship, and dialogue projects;
- timely commentary to the media and the public on important issues related to the common good and the moral witness of evangelicals;
- practical initiatives in which we can embody the difference we seek to make for the Gospel and the world;
- advancing significant efforts undertaken by other like-minded and like-hearted people and groups; and
- building and mobilizing a new evangelical constituency for timely action on key issues.
For more information on Chalice Press, please visit ChalicePress.com. For more information on The New Evangelical Partnership for the Common Good, please visit NewEvangelicalPartnership.org.Chalice Press, and imprint of Christian Board of Publication, publishes content that supports ministries of inviting people into deeper relationship with God, equipping them as disciples of Jesus Christ, and sending them in mission as the Holy Spirit calls them.