The Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) has 31 regional churches in the United States and Canada.
Find links to the regions’ 2021 reports to the General Board below.
Regions strive to strengthen congregational life for the mission of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) by:
- nurturing faith among the congregations
- teaching and practicing spiritual disciplines
- fostering Disciples’ identity
- developing church leaders
- establishing new churches
- doing evangelism
Regional ministries exist to cultivate growth in congregations by demonstrating true community, deep Christian spirituality, and a passion for justice, as called for in Micah 6:8. Regions also educate and empower congregations to become healthy and vital living witnesses to the love, justice and grace of God through Jesus Christ, as is called for in Acts 2:43-47.
Every person who is a member of a Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) congregation is automatically a member of the Region in which that congregation is located. There are 31 regions in the United States and Canada.
You can learn more about each regional ministry by visiting their website. The videos and reports linked below were prepared for the 2021 meeting of the General Board. List of counties in each region (Corporate names of regions listed at the bottom of the page.)
The regions have an informal system of geographic clusters that include:
- Western Regions in Ministry (WRIM) – Northern Lights, Oregon/SW Idaho, Northern California/Nevada, Pacific Southwest, Arizona and Central Rocky Mountain regions
- Regions of the Sun Equipping and Serving (ROSES) – Southwest, Great River and Oklahoma regions
- Southeast Regional Fellowship (SERF) – North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Kentucky, Alabama/NW Florida, Tennessee and Virginia regions
- Heartland – Illinois/Wisconsin, Indiana, Nebraska, Kansas, Mid-America, Greater Kansas City and Upper Midwest regions
- Northeast Inter- Regional Fellowship (NIRF) – Ohio, Pennsylvania, Northeast, West Virginia, Michigan, Canada and the Capital Area regions
Corporate names: Christian Church in Alabama-Northwest Florida | Christian Church in Arizona | Christian Church of Northern California, Nevada | Christian Church in Canada | Christian Church Capital Area | Central Rocky Mountain Region Christian Church | Christian Church in Florida dba Florida Disciples Regional Church | Christian Church in Georgia | Great River Region of the Christian Church | Christian Church in Illinois and Wisconsin | The Christian Church of Greater Kansas City – A Global Mission Region | Christian Church in Kentucky | Christian Church Michigan Region | The Christian Church of Mid-America | Christian Church in Nebraska | Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in North Carolina | Christian Church Northeastern Region, Inc. | Northern Lights Region of the Christian Church | Christian Church in Ohio | Christian Church in Oklahoma | Christian Church in Oregon and Southwest Idaho | Christian Church Pacific Southwest Region | Christian Church in Pennsylvania | Christian Church in South Carolina | Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in the Southwest | The Christian Church in Tennessee | Christian Church in the Upper Midwest | The Christian Church in Virginia | Christian Church in West Virginia