In this Easter season, even as we continue to walk through the wilderness of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Church is at work.In the past few weeks, pastors have figured out how to care for their parishioners from afar and how to lead worship from their living rooms. Regional ministers have prayed for those pastors, leaned on each other for support, and dug deep to find resources to help congregations enhance their technology. General ministries have come together to provide resources and financial support to congregations and ministries across the Church.Disciples Mission Fund has made that possible.
Because of DMF, we have been able to:
- Equip our churches with resources for online worship
- Offer grants to congregations and pastors in crisis
- Share the work of our financial ministries in helping congregations access aid
- Help congregations transition to electronic giving
- Provide weekly prayer opportunities with our General Minister and President
- Support our global mission co-workers as they serve around the world
Disciples are stepping up in incredible ways, but financial giving will continue to be a challenge as the pandemic goes on. It is likely that this will be a difficult year for DMF.And yet, we all know that the work of the Church is needed now more than ever.
Here are two ways you can help:
- Make a gift to Disciples Mission Fund. You can make a one-time or recurring gift here.
- Encourage your congregation to continue its support of DMF. Let your leadership know how important this work is right now.
As we begin to imagine a new world on the other side of this crisis, there is no doubt that the Church will stand strong as a witness to God’s presence and unending love.Thank you for being part of this work.