The Christian Church Foundation is seeking a full-time development officer to serve the Great Lakes Zone. The Zone includes the Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Illinois-Wisconsin Regions of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). This position will be based in Indianapolis.
- Effectively communicate a passion for stewardship and the services of the Foundation through preaching, leading seminars, meeting with church leaders, and meeting with current and prospective donors.
- Develop strong partnership relationships with the leaders of ministries in covenant with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).
- Actively participate as an officer and executive team member of the Foundation to improve services to donors and ministry partners, and to identify and enforce compliance with best practices.
- Identify and cultivate new donor and partner relationships to maximize the benefit of the Foundation’s ministry for all those served.
- Five or more years of proven experience encouraging stewardship activities as a congregational pastor, congregational leader, or development officer.
- Recognized ministerial standing in the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).
- Excellent preaching and teaching skills.
- Proven one-on-one verbal and listening skills.
- Ability to travel extensively.
- Strong customer service and follow-through skills, including an enthusiasm for building new and existing relationships.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook or competitive software.
- Excellent organizational ability, time management, and critical thinking.
The Christian Church Foundation is the planned giving ministry of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). Foundation employees receive a competitive salary and excellent benefits, including ongoing professional development, company paid health/dental insurance, pension, and vacation.
Interested candidates should contact:
Attn.: Great Lakes Zone Christian Church Foundation P.O. Box 1007 Indianapolis, IN 46206-1007
Please include compensation history and requirements with your résumé. The Christian Church Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.