DISCIPLES HOME MISSION
Job Title: President and Chief Executive Officer
The President of Disciples Home Missions (DHM) is a visionary, faithful, and transformative leader called to engage the staff and Board of DHM to effectively resource local congregations and regions within the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in the United States and Canada. DHM partners by providing congregations and regions resources for education, evangelism, advocacy, leadership development, search and call for ministry, hands-on mission opportunities and congregational transformation.
The President serves as the Chief Executive Officer of DHM, and, as such, is accountable to the Board of Directors and facilitates an intentional connection between the Board and DHM staff. The President supervises all executive/program level staff of Disciples Home Missions and the administrative and support staff to the Office of the President.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee program, leadership development, and congregational vitality resources for congregations and Regions by the DHM staff.
- Build strategic partnerships within the programmatic functions of the wider church through collaboration, covenant, and intention
- Provide intentional leadership in partnering with DHM staff and ministry partners to create awareness, understanding and resources to educate the Church about the Merger Agreement with the National Convocation
- Nurture relationships of DHM with its ministry partners for strategic outcomes
- Provide oversight, strategic planning, monitoring and execution of the fiscal budget
- Execute Board directives with due diligence regarding the operational and fiscalmanagement of DHM
- Support, coordinate and expand relationships among new and existing donors
- Serve as a visionary leader: imagining and shaping the mission and vision of DHM while partnering with DHM staff and Board to create and share innovative programming throughout the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
- Serve as a spiritual leader: providing pastoral care and presence with Board, Staff and the DHM community, as appropriate
- Build and lead highly effective staff ministry teams: Facilitate effective communication with staff; supervise and evaluate progress for ambitious, effective, and attainable goals for staff leaders and their teams.
- Support the Merger Staff by intentionally partnering with National Convocation leadership to create a management and oversight process that enables equitable use of their time to resource both the African American constituency and the whole Church.
- Demonstrate and lead the way in dismantling institutional racism, toward the pro- reconciling, anti-racism denominational priority
- Provide leadership to the Board; assist with establishing policies, serve as a resource for recruiting, attracting, and evolving board growth and development
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as president or vice-president of the United Christian Missionary Society alternating with the President of the Division of Overseas Ministries; participates on the board of Christian Church Services and other committees and duties as required by this position
- Represent DHM across the life of the church, including, but not limited to: Administrative Committee, General Cabinet, General Board, Team Leadership Conference (TLC), National Convocation Board (ex-officio), and the Center for Public Witness & Blessed Tomorrow