Lexington Theological Seminary is a covenant seminary of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). Our mission is to prepare men and women for congregational ministry in the Christian tradition. The Seminary offers a congregation-centered, competency-based curriculum with two thirds of required and elective courses taught online. Online courses are offered year-round in short formats so that students may begin study in any month.
Under the supervision of the President, this position supports the mission by overseeing the creation and implementation of strategies for achieving annual student recruitment goals for all degree and certificate programs including but not limited to the Master of Divinity, Master in Pastoral Studies, Master of Theological Studies, and Doctor of Ministry. This individual will also lead the general operations of the Admissions Office as they apply to recruiting, admitting and enrolling prospective students and marketing programs for the seminary. The director of admissions is the primary contact for those interested in receiving information about the seminary’s academic programs, admissions requirements, and learning community. The director is responsible for managing the overall admission process to support enrollment goals. The director works collaboratively with the admissions associate, the dean, director of financial aid, assistant to the president, alumni affairs, congregations, pastors and other church-related partners.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of three years of previous experience in higher education management (preferably in admissions), or relevant recruiting experience in another field. Successful leadership experience managing a process and the recruitment process is required.
- Experience in goal setting and achievement.
- Must be a self-starter with demonstrated leadership ability.
- Strong communications skills including proficiency with student information systems as well as Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Commitment to and support of the Seminary’s mission and core values
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in theology, divinity or philosophy preferred.
This is a full-time position requiring significant travel. The position is based in Lexington, KY. Salary and benefits are commensurate with education and experience. The review of applications will begin Jan. 27, 2020 and conclude when the position is filled. For more information about the position contact Ms. Jaime Mulloy, Assistant to the President at [email protected].
To apply for the position, you may mail your resume, cover letter and contact information for 3 references to Dr. Charisse L. Gillett, President, Lexington Theological Seminary, 230 Lexington Green Circle, Suite 300, Lexington, KY 40503 OR you may send electronic applications to [email protected]. Further information about LTS is available at our website. EOE